Williamsburg Capitol Building a View of the Back Art Print
A Museum Quality Print of Williamsburg Capitol Building a View of the Back for sale by Brandywine General Store. This magnificent brick structure is a reconstruction of the original second capitol building that fell into disrepair after the American Revolution and was dismantled for it's parts. The current building, the 3rd on this site, was spearheaded by the Reverend Dr W. A. R. Goodwin, who also restored the historic Bruton Parish Church. Due to these efforts he attracted the attention of John D. Rockefeller who furnished a lot of the money to restore Colonial Williamsburg. The new reconstructed Capitol building opened to the public during the great depression on February 24, 1934. Picture #468 an original historical print by Brandywine General Store.