Blue Bell Inn Architecture Features in Williamsburg Art Print
Brandywine General Store
A Museum Quality Art Print of the Blue Bell Inn in the colonial town of Williamsburg, Virginia for sale by Brandywine General Store. The Blue Bell Inn was built in the year 1707 by John Redwood and was first known as Redwood's Ordinary. John Redwood was a goaler for the colony and took care of the Capitol during the period of 1703 to 1705. It was later purchases around the year 1719 by Philip Ludwell of Green Spring whole called it the Blue Bell, the value at this time was 150 pounds. This view shows the colonial architectural features including parts of the porch and door, two large windows which are identical to the pair on the opposite side of the home. Also prominent is the base of the huge fireplace at the end of the house and the large basement with windows. Adding contrasting interest to this print is the tree at the left edge with huge roots above the ground. Behind this is a white picket fence and further yet is a pink blooming crepe myrtle tree. This is still a private residence. Picture #387 an original historic landscape by Brandywine General Store.