Nantucket Harbor MA the Brant Point Light House Fine Art Print
A Museum Quality Print of the Brant Point Lighthouse on Nantucket Harbor in Massachusetts. This guiding light was originally a simple wooden structure that was built in 1746, being the first light on Nantucket and only the 2nd one erected in all of the British American colonies. This original structure burnt down in 1757 and replaced with another structure in 1758 which fell prey to a violent gust of wind, which was probably a rare tornado. More structures were built and either destroyed by storms or burnt down. Finally a new permanent lighthouse was built in 1856 out of brick and cement, this new tower was lit for the first time on December 10, 1856. However this structure was not immune from erosion and proved not to be permanent and had to be replaced in 1901 by a 26 foot high wooden tower about 600 feet from the original spot. The light was switched from white to red in 1933 to avoid confusion with the lights in the growing town. The last civilian light keeper left in 1939 when the coast guard took over the operation of the lighthouse. Today, Brant Point has modern equipment including an automated modern optic light. This red light flashes every 4 seconds and is visible for 10 miles. This historic structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.
At Fine Art Prints of Distinction we painstakingly repair the original files of these old paintings and print them using premium quality inks and paper. The end result is a beautiful, archival reproduction print that will last in your home for generations and at a low cost so anyone can now have great artworks hanging in their home or business. Brandywine General Store is proud to offer for sale a Premium Fine Art Print made from an original photograph from the Highsmith Collection of the Brant Point Lighthouse on Nantucket Harbor in Massachusetts.
Inventory #34 - Geographic Places Fine Art Prints