Myron A. Decker Piano Forte Music Advertising Print
A museum quality print reproduction of Myron A. Decker Piano Forte Advertising Print for sale by Brandywine General Store. Decker was a manufacturer of pianos in the 1800s. Decker was born in 1823 and started his own business in Albany NY, he returned to New York City in 1863 and continued to build pianos under his own name. He had much success and was able to expand the business to a new larger factory at Third Avenue in 1868. In 1871 he partnered with J. C. Barnes, forming the firm of Decker and Barnes, which continued with much success until the death of Barne's wife in 1877, which caused Barnes to withdraw from the firm. Decker took his son Frank into partnership in 1882, forming Decker and Son. Myron died in 1901, Frank incorporated the firm in 1909. Decker and Son was one of a very few piano manufacturers to survive the great depression and they continued to build pianos of good quality until around 1949. This vintage advertisement shows the factory of Decker Piano with horse drawn carriages, a trolley car being pulled by two horses and people walking around in front of the factory. Also shown are four models of the piano fortes that were manufactured by this firm. This picture would be great in a music studio or classroom where playing the piano is taught. Picture #02 an archival, premium advertising print by Brandywine General Store.