Martin Hall at WVU a Side View
A Museum Quality Print of Martin Hall at WVU a Side View for sale by Brandywine General Store. Martin Hall was the first building built for the new land grant college to be known as West Virginia University. It was completed in 1870 and is part of the WVU Quadrangle, the total construction cost was 22,855.00. The architecture is of the Second Empire Eclectic style with two floors plus an attic floor. The roof has a wooden octagonal cupola with an onion dome which originally housed the Seth Thomas clock which today is located in the central tower of Woodburn Hall. This historic building was named after Rev Alexander Martin, the first President of WVU. It is home today to the university's School of Journalism. Picture #402 an original archival photographic print by Brandywine General Store.